Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Now reading... SNM

Submissions! Oh yes, my little fiends, I am reviewing for SNM Horror Magazine now. Fear my red pen.

Steve Marshall called me up one day and asked me how I'd feel about working for the magazine as the selections and reviewing editor. I was agreeable.

Now I'm doing the deed, reading stories and making selections. Today is my first "official" day. I'm just hoping I don't screw up fantabulously.

SNM is a good zine, and if you have something that you think will fit the upcoming themes, send it to us. The deadline is the twentieth of the preceding month (so the deadline for the March Marionettes theme would be February 20th) so spit shine your stories, polish, polish, polish and send it to: snmeditor(at)yahoo(dot)com

Submissions guidelines and monthly themes for the year can be found here.

Whips and Spells,
(And of course, Peace & Love)
~Effie

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Effie. I hope it is a long and happy relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I've always been curious about what it's like to be a reader of slush piles, I wonder about the kind of material that gets frequently sent in. Very interesting!

    Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about volunteering as a slush reader for a small press. I love to read, but worry about how much of a timesuck it would be. How much time to you have to put in to stay on top of the submissions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, SNM is a theme magazine, so we only get submissions tailored to that particular theme. I read roughly 8 hours a week. But not all zines are this way. Many of them have much larger slush piles.

    ReplyDelete